Wednesday 22 February 2012

Sterling Morrison, Corner 10th and First 1966

Not only does Roy Montgomery's piece (I always feel a bit uncomfortable, pretentious even, using that word but in this case it feels appropriate) have a tremendous title, it is also has a unique, claustrophobic feel.  There was a time in the 90s when it seemed like his stunning "Temple IV" (Kranky) album and the first Flying Saucer Attack lp were all I wanted to hear.  Then, somehow, I almost completely forgot about him.    Thankfully, one of my seemingly endless trawls through sales lists reminded me of his existence.  I bought his split 7" with Loren Mazzacane Connors - "Sterling Morrison, Corner 10th and First 1966" is Montgomery's contribution - partly because it's brilliant and partly, if I'm being honest, to assuage my guilt at forgetting him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment