Friday 6 April 2012

Not Knowing You

I went walking down the Byres Rd
I was hoping to find you there
I counted all the people who hadn’t met you
And those that had didn’t seem to care
Fools don’t know what they’re missing
Not like I do
Fools don’t know what they’re missing
But this fool knows he’s missing you

I bumped into a handsome guy
I hate for just being your type
With his perfect skin
And his flat little stomach
How I wish that’s what I was like
But he don’t know what he’s missing
It seems a little cruel
That he don’t know what he’s missing
While this fool knows he’s missing you

And this ribbon is a medal
For my stupidity
And my chain is a reminder
Of the day when you loved me



Duglas T Stewart's best song?  Maybe.  It's certainly one of his most affecting as is his vocal.

From "My Chain" (Rev-ola)

No comments:

Post a Comment