Saturday 5 May 2012

Playing records @ Mono on 9th May


Remember that How Soon Is Now? book reading at Mono I posted about the other day?  Well, I'm excited to say that I'll be loading up my little Buba Box (that's it in the picture) with a much deliberated over selection of 7" singles, bringing it along and playing a bunch of them at it.  Also doing time behind the decks will be my pal Robbie (part of the International Airport association) whose taste in music is impeccable.  As the book is about the mavericks who shaped independent music, expect to hear records on Creation, Mute, Postcard, Factory etc.. It's almost certain that Factory's contribution to culture will be represented this slab of funky doom*:


If that doesn't get you pulling awkward shapes like an anglepoise lamp doing interpretive dance, then you're a lost cause!  Thanks again to S for extending the invitation.  It was lovely to be asked.

* - surely the only song I will ever own with lines about flaying flesh with thoughts...shudder...

1 comment:

  1. Coincidentally, I've been reading David Nolan's biography of Tony Wilson this week, an incongruous but loveable mixture of Joy Division and Richard and Judy anecdotes. I miss him.

    ReplyDelete